Last weekend, we went on a great hike. I can't believe how tuff these kids are! We went up Adam's canyon all the way to the top to an awesome waterfall. It got pretty hard, but my little hikers were determined to reach the top. Here is a few highlights of the hike. :)
This is what Jones and I saw the first half of the hike, the back of these three. We had to stop and examine EVERY SINGLE bug that scurried across our path. We had to hold them and watch them move and talk about them, then run to catch up. I loved watching his little face light up.

We saw these, actually 25 of these, Adam was our organized counter. He kept track of the bugs and counted worms, beetles, pill bugs...

These were so cool to watch. Jonah loved it, I tried to be so careful and step away from the hill as I took pictures, but as I hiked, I felt this burning up my entire leg. I looked down and found three of these little buggers hunkered down on my leg biting the nuggets out of me!! It hurt sooo bad and burned the rest of the hike. No more studying ants!!!!


I know this waterfall is nothing compared to the falls on Maui, but it was cool all the same. We had to cross the white water to get to the landing, a little nerve racking for me.


Jonah did so good, up until the last 45 minutes. Good thing he has a pack mule for a mother :)
4 comments:
LOVE it!!!!
I haven't heard "nuggets" for years! that took me back to Pine View Apt.s :) such great pictures!
me too! LOVE it!!!!
though, i am not familiar with the "nuggets" expression your post was cute all the same. and the waterfall was beautiful! how fun. what a good mom to take the time to check out the bugs along the way...very sweet.
Claire was fascinated by the bugs on this post...I agree you are a good mom to stop and study the bugs with Jones. Cool waterfall! I loved the family picture in front of it-hey carrying a 4 year old hiking will DEFINITELY get you in shape for your triatholan!!:)
Holy tough mom! What a sweet little Jonah. The picture and story of the red ants cracked me up!
Post a Comment