Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My big boy

Adam is getting so grown up. He is such a great worker! When he puts his mind to getting something done, he can do anything. He is getting strong, so he can help me move furniture around, or help lift heavy things. Every morning, he gets Eli out of bed and turns cartoons on for him. Some mornings, he will even pour Jonah and Eli a bowl of cereal! He is a great organizer, a good biker and he is very, very smart! He doesn't ever have to study his spelling words, he just remembers how they are spelled the first time he looks at them. He is awesome at baseball and basketball. He tells great jokes and loves to laugh.
I love how he is starting to notice what is in style, and what looks "cool". I love how he asks my opinion when he is getting dressed, "what shirts looks best with theses shorts?"
I love my little "Bear"

-"Mom, did you know Jonah was born in a barn? He left the door open TWICE today!"

-"Mom, can I PLEASE mop the kitchen floor today?"

-Adam was watching a Scooby Doo movie in the car, I could hear a scary voice at one point and I looked back and said, "Adam, this sounds kindof scary, I don't think we will watch it again."
A- a couple of hours later "Mom, I have been thinking what you said about that movie, but you know what, that part was actually sooooo sweet, maybe you should watch it with me."

If you didn't know, Adam LOVES to light birthday candles and begs to do it each birthday.

He is such a handsome little baseball player
I didn't know he was so thoughtful until we did secret elves. He did so many sweet things for me, he is going to be a great husband one day :) ("something sweet for you to smell")
He is so fun to play with. He comes up with some pretty fun games to play with Jonah... and Gavin :)


When we went to Gavin's track meet, I was surprised to watch Adam run almost a whole mile, pretty fast around the track while they were warming up.


3 comments:

Paige Holley said...

What a good looking, sweet, great kid! I know Gavin sure looks up to him.

Malia said...

Brooke, a couple days ago I read your posts on Eli and Jonah but I had fussy Kamalei in my lap and couldn't type. It is late saturday night but I just had to log on so I could comment on how I keep thinking of those posts. Thinking of how cute your little boys are and how sweet it is of you to do a write up on each one. It was fun to log on tonight to find you posted one for Adam too! It is so cool to get to know your three boys better this way even though we are so far. What PRECIOUS blessings you have! aloha nui loa

Em said...

Brooke,
Your boys are all so handsome. They are such great kids because they have such a great mom. One day I hope I can be as good a mom as you are. Thanks for your example.