Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oh what do you do in the summer time...

What a week! We have had such a fun week, playing and enjoying Dads days off. I have been such a slave driver with getting jobs done, and they have been doing great. But Friday, we decided we all needed a day off. So we headed to the big city for some fun.

These kids are so hilarious! I try and try and try to get them to stop for two seconds and smile for a picture. Here, I think I got after Adam for not looking, then when he was sad, I'm pretty sure I bribed him with an otter pop :) "SMILE KIDS, LOOK LIKE YOU ARE HAVING FUN"
On our day out, we stopped at the zoo for a minute, but it was SO crowded and hot, we watched an elephant show, saw the alligator and left. We went last year so much with our pass, this year hasn't been too exciting.
We enjoyed a little Thai pizza for lunch and went to the main attraction. The fountains at the Gateway. As you can tell, they loved it!
They would NOT stop and pose for two seconds all together for a group photo, so I tried to get some action shots.
Eli was so tired, he was ready to go home and take a nap!

To top the day off, we set up the new father's day tent and had a little movie theater, sleep out in the back yard. We brought out the portable DVD player and enjoyed a little Shrek the Third.


We had a great sleep out, until Eli woke up at 6:00 and woke up the whole neighborhood screaming is bloomin' head off!!


These are the times I hope will build fun memories in my kids brains. Not all the work I make them do, or all the yelling I tend to do :)
For some pretty sweet baseball pictures, look here

5 comments:

britni said...

What a fun week! Those will be fantastic memories. I wish he could camp here...I think my kids would sweat to death!

Paige Holley said...

You are so fun! Looks like you had a fun week.

littlegry said...

Brooke... you are TOTALLY making memories for your kids. They'll remember all the yelling and work (just like we do) but they'll remember the fun things you do with them ever more and with more fondness. I need some of your ideas and most of all PATIENCE. :o)

Malia said...

yes, you inspire me...how fun! how cold does it get at night in the summer where you live?

Clarke & Lia said...

I can't imagine...All this boy fun is just so foreign to me.:) Someday. Someday (we hope).

Lia