Look what Eli found!
Friday, September 5, 2008
Turn off your TV!!
While I was visiting my friend Malia, I was so impressed by her ability to never turn on the TV! That to me is a very impressive skill!! I must admit, I turn on movies WAY too often, just to entertain my kids and keep them out of my way so I can get things done. I was so impressed with her kids, they would actually play together, color, build legos and entertain themselves. Not that my kids don't know how to do that, but they are always asking to play computer or whatch a movie. So this week, I turned off the TV!! I was so amazed by what they come up with. They are in much better moods and the fighting has been down about 50%!!! Thanks Malia for your example. :)
Look what Eli found!

Teaching Eli how to play baseball.
Look what Eli found!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good idea...maybe I should try that.
our school district always has a tv turn off week so we do that once a year too.:) At this point in Janes life Im trying to get her to LIKE tv!:) Oppps is that bad? haha
Wow Brooke, isn't it interesting to see how the TV actually affects our kids moods? You would think it would mellow them out and put them in a good mood but it actually does the opposite! Very cool! Way to go MacFarlanes! It is so funny how for so long I wished Kalena would sit still for a show and all of a sudden she actually wants to watch TV. She has asked for it everyday this week and today she actually watched all of Sesame Street! Trippy. Anyways, loved the pics of the boys!
This is just another of the many examples of how Malia is awesome and how if we could all pattern our lives after her what a better world this would be. Really, if there was a 'Malia' show where she just talked about all the cool stuff she does and how to be a better mom/friend/person. I would record that and watch it endlessly. Better yet, maybe she would let us video her life reality-tv style and we could learn by stalking, uh, I mean example.
your kids are so cute. You are an awesome mom, too, Brooke. Good job, keep it up. I learn a lot about mothering from your blog and your cute family.
Post a Comment