The night before, I got everything ready and was a little jittery. I went to sleep and slept pretty good except Eli waking up once throwing one of his famous fits, Jonah getting in bed with us and Adam throwing up the entire night! Really, I count my blessings, I didn't hear a thing until 5 am when Adam called for me as he was throwing up. I couldn't believe I didn't hear him earlier, I wake up to everything. So I was up for the morning. I got ready, my parents came up to take me to the race so Spencer could take care of Adam and show up right before the race started. My family were my photographers...
Spencer teaching me how to change my tire if I got a flat...thankfully I didn't!
We were in the group with the white caps. There were 150 women in our age group. A huge amount of people to be swimming with!!
Here are my cheerleaders. Adam was such a good sport to come, he would get up and wonder off to the bushes, take care of his throw up business then come back and sit down. It helped so much to see them on the sidelines yelling "Go MOM!!!"
OK well, the swim for me was a challenge. I was so pumped for this event and had been really working hard on my swim. When I got started, it was hard for me to swim, my nerves were high and I couldn't calm myself down. And to top it all off, every time I went to take a breath, I got a mouthful of lake. I managed to do the swim with a cramped calf, but I finished!! I was so happy I didn't' die!!
The run went good, I plugged along, slowly but consistently. I was happy to see the finish line and my whole cheer leading family.
As I came across, there was Adam over a garbage can as green as can be. Poor little buddy.
I found Amy, and congratulated her on her AWESOME swim time... 14 minute!
10 comments:
YEA BROOKIE!! I wish I could have been there to cheer you on. I'm so proud of you!! Good job!
You girls are so awesome. I am so proud of both you and Amy! You look so happy. Really, what an accomplishment. How fun that you guys could do it together. GOOOOOD JOOOOOB!
Wow brooke I am so proud of you! I had no idea you were doing this kind of stuff! Ryan wants me to do a tri to. Where was it? Great job that is awsome you look like a pro!
HOLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you look buff!!!
WOW
I'm speechless Brooke!!!! Congrats on finishing and training for it. you rock!
Congratulations! What a great accomplishment! I wish I had that will power...way to go!
You are amazing. I am so proud of you. Way to go!
Wow Brooke, what a great day. I was anxious myself just reading through your post. You were lookin' good! And poor little Adam. What a trooper. That is so great that your family was there to cheer you on. I really wish I was there! Loved seeing you in the pics with our Maui friends. That is so great. Way to go mama!!
YOU GO GIRL! I knew you could do it!! HOOORAY!
Good gracious! You really are buff, Brooke. I ran a half marathon and that totally did me in. Nothing compared to what you did! Way to work it!
Good job Brooke! I'm way proud of you, especially knowing how busy you are with 3 kids.
Post a Comment