Adam has still been sick since my race Saturday, poor little lamb. So I have been trying to take extra good care of him. Dad was the hero Mon. with three really good kid spy movies Adam had been wanting to see. You see, in our family, Dad is ALWAYS the nice guy. He just has the "fun dad" come natural to him. HE is the dad that chases them around throwing pillows at them or buying them drinks when they go to the gas station. He is always so patient when they are bad and is so good to talk with them and be gentle, where I would just just be furious and send them to their room, or ground them from their friends...
So on Tues when Spencer was coming home from work he suggested we get him a milkshake to help cheer him up, and maybe he would eat it... he hadn't eaten anything in four days!
Once again, dad is the nice guy hero that thinks of something to cheer him up.
So when he walked in the door with no milkshake I was like hmmmm???
Dad: "how are you feeling Adam?"
Adam: "Not good"
Dad: winking at me "well, mom was thinking about getting you a milkshake from Jakes over the top, but I don't know about that"
Adam: Flashing a little weak smile at me "REALLY Mom?"
So thanks Spencer for making ME look like the nice guy, I won this day.
7 comments:
Oh, what a sweet husband! It's the same here....Russ is always the nice guy but occasionally will let me be it:)
That is really cute. I like that story. I should make Chris read it.
You are a great mom. I always read your blog and think how you do such fun things. You just get the job of being home all day with them...that sometimes makes you feel like you aren't very fun.
I don't get it.
Well Aaron, you wouldn't get it because both of your parents were always kind of grumpy. It's nice to have at least one parent who always has fun ideas...I think the Macfarlane boys really have two parents who do that. Get better, Adam.
OH that is so sweet of Speny. i hear you on the good guy bad guy thing. Same at our house, it must be the curse of the mom! I made cookies yesturday and no one got any cuz they didn't listen all afternoon, oh I ate plenty!!! So come on over and eat one with me :)
Way to go Spencer
Post a Comment