I have to preface the parade with this story... I just LOVE parades. I used to wake up at 5:00AM with my mom when I was little to go to Provo to reserve a good parade spot. Well, the tradition continues. This year, the rule was, you couldn't put your blankets out until July 3rd to reserve your spot, so I went July 2nd at midnight to get a good spot in the shade. I was so happy with my mission, this would be a great year.
Well, we walked the mile to the parade and got all set up with treats and drinks. Our spot was so perfect. So we thought... as soon as the first band went by with the flag, we were swarmed by about 50 people standing in the road, RIGHT in front of us. I couldn't believe it! I can understand a few kids, trying to get candy, but I draw the line at all the adults blocking my perfect view. I got over it pretty quick and tried to just enjoy the parade. The kids loved it and got lots of taffy. Adam and Spencer stayed after for the "water parade" where they have a huge water fight. There were firetrucks spraying the crowd and people with water guns. They got wet and this year got to fight back with Adam's new "16 lb when fully loaded" water gun!
After naps and lunch, we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for bar-b-que and an awesome firework show put on by Adam. He was so excited with the fireworks we got this year. He was finally old enough to do it on his own. He was so cute, and proud. I loved it!
To top the day off, we went to another firework show at Davis High School. It is so great to be laying on the grass, with all my kids ,literally on top of me, just relaxing and watching the fireworks. It doesn't get much better than that! I love America!
It just so happened, that our wonderful parade spot was right by this, "Poopy diaper road" The kids thought it was cool to get a close up look, so I HAD to take a picture :) Here it is, one month later.
2 comments:
Brooke-
You and I are cut out of the same cloth. Next to Christmas, the 4th of July is my favorite. I loved your story of the parade. It made me laugh! Glad you didn't let it spoil your day!
Emily
Way to go Brooke! Congrats on running your race! Where was it? Looks like you guys had a great fourth. So fun!
Post a Comment