Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The joys of July

We were lucky enough to go pick some apricots from one of Spencer's moms friend. Her house was torn down by the city to make room for some office buildings, very sad! All that is left standing is a few fruit trees. We were so excited to fill our buckets. We had been watching them for a few weeks waiting for them to ripen, but couldn't wait any longer. I had some great helpers!



Now, what to do with all this fruit! We dried a lot of it, made some jam and froze the rest to make juice shakes all winter long!

7 comments:

Julie said...

MMMMM sounds soooo good!!!! I love apricot jam it's the best!

Em said...

Be careful! You know what grandma always cautioned about apricots! :). I will save the readers of your blog from the actual caution, but I know that you're hearing it in your head right now!
Emily

Bright-Mom said...

Brooke...I love apricots and can't eat them without thinking abour Grandma Call! (Read what Em said!) Wish we could be there to help you...wish I could trade some peach jam for some apricot jam!

chyayn said...

gimmie those dried apricots!!:) haha to what em and ros said...ahhh the good ol days of apricots in albuquerque!

Malia said...

Whoa that is some major fruit! And you are so industrious making jam and storing. Looks so yummy! Wish we could come over...

Meg said...

apricots are my favorite fruit of all time. Or maybe raspberries. Whichever I am eating at the time.

Paige Holley said...

You kids don't eat too many apricots...haha, those were some good summers spent at grandmas:)