I sometimes get jealous when I go into someones home that has a theme to their tree, or all matching ornaments with beautiful ribbon and trim. But then as I look at my little humble tree dripping with decorations from all the places we have lived, and I see those young little faces on the primary or school made ornaments my heart swells.
We have bells from our first Christmas away in Havre, Montana. A great memory of the small town tree lighting where we roasted marshmallows and our ward choir was asked to sing and share our beliefs. We have primary pictures from Grandforks, North Dakota where we spent one of our coldest Christmases. And then we have our star, and a few other ornaments I made with Malia for our ward angel tree in Pukalani, Hawaii. Those ornaments and that star, will always remind me of one of my fondest Christmases on Maui. We spent Christmas eve with our new found family and splashed on the beach Christmas day. I love the memories our tree brings, it makes Christmas complete.
Eli discovering candy canes "It's rere(really) hot mom."
3 comments:
We are ALL about the homemade busy tree!:) I loved your thoughts and tender memories. I think thats one thing that makes Christmas fun. I love your Hawaii star!!:) MERRY CHRISTMAS.
I think you have the most beautiful tree ever. And I loved hearing your memories. What a treasure of a tree. Miss you more now!
These are adorable. I love fresh trees. We have our fake one up these year. It's always a toss up. I like real ones, but we don't want to buy them...and then I put them up so early that it's dead by Christmas. But, I miss the smell of pine in my house. Guess I'll have to come to yours.
Your boys are huge!
liz
Post a Comment