Thursday, May 22, 2008

My secret Elf

This week for Family Home Evening, we were working on showing love to each other (my boys have had such a hard time with that lately!!) So I decided to have a night that we would concentrate on the things we love about each other. We had each family member sit in the "hot seat" and we would go around the room and each say "I love you because..." I was surprised to hear the things these kids came up with. Some of them brought a small tear to my eye. HMMM so they DO love each other! (click on the picture to read the cute things they said)
After that, we drew names for "secret elves" We are to do nice things for our person each day. I have loved the things my Elf has done for me. I have been so surprised at the things he has come up with. Check out my surprises.The first day I came in and found my favorite flower sitting on my bed :)
Yesterday when we were all getting ready for bed, Adam :) found this on my bed. My pajamas set out with a little late night snack. How tender is that?!
And tonight while I was talking on the phone to a neighbor, Adam came and said "mom, there is something really weird on your bed, it's cool, but weird" He loves how I just have to take a picture of it.
I never want to forget this week. It has been so special to me! I have also loved seeing the kids faces light up not only when they receive something, but to watch their face when their secret elf finds what they left them. Even Eli is really getting into it. It makes me happy!

5 comments:

Paige Holley said...

That last one your little elf left you is so sweet! What a cute kid.

Aaron said...

What an adorable family. I also love Eli because he can run fast!

chyayn said...

I love that idea and think that we will have to do that for FHE too...so cute!:)

Malia said...

sooooo sweeeet....lanea enjoyed reading it too! sometimes when kids and family life exhaust us, it is weeks like this one that get us through and remind us that we are in such a precious yet fleeting stage and we need to enjoy every minute. i think we will have to do this one with our fam at fhe too! thanks for sharing this glimpse into your happy home. so blessed.

Anonymous said...

Aaaw, that's so sweet!