Thursday, July 1, 2010

Loving life!


Summer has been lovely! We have been playing hard, and managed to fit a little work in between. I have loved having the kids home. They amaze me every day. Life is good! So, we made a "summer list" of things we all wanted to do. Here are a few of our favorites.

Having a "brother day" The boys used to be punished with a "brother day" when they fought and argued (a brother day- a day you play just with your brothers and learn to get along. No friends) I have loved that they actually CHOOSE to have a brother day, almost every day actually. They play and pretend all day together! I absolutely love it. That is every moms dream, for her kids to love to be together!!
Having a sleep out in their awesome blanket fort.
This was NOT on the summer list. After delivering cookies to our older neighbor lady, Eli split his chin open and had to get it glued. He was NOT happy to get his picture taken.
Eli has been wanting to ride"Danny" for about two years now... that was at the top of his list.
When they finally fall asleep, they sleep good and hard!
Climbing
Cooking smores (Thanks Meg for the shirt from her sister's store www.punkbabyclothes.net)




Hiking and exploring
My little entrepreneurs made $9.00 selling otter pops (thanks to my little Spiderman getting lots of business. Who can resist a kid in a Spiderman outfit. You can often find Eli running down the street in any superhero costume ;)

This was not on the summer list eaither, Eli had three cavities filled. He did FABULOUS! Not a peep from him.
This is what I get greeted with every morning! My little beauty with bed head!

Watching a momma and Dad take their little baby for a walk. They walked all the way down the street with their little one following close behind.
My little cowgirl with her twin cousins, Lucy and Eloise. (These boots were from grandpa, had to get a picture before Meg grew out of hers )

More summer fun to come!

7 comments:

Bugga said...

Oh Brooke - these photos are so precious...each and every one! I love Meg's bed head and her very relaxed sleeping position and Eli the superhero...laughing gas included. Your strawberries looked tasty on the other blog, too. Cute pictures...fun summer!

Paige Holley said...

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! I absolutely LOVE that picture of Meg sleeping! What a sweet girl.

Jamie said...

I can't believe how big and beautiful all your kids have gotten to be. They were beautiful before, but they grow up so fast. Gee, we miss you!

momwouldgo said...

Life is Good.

Reynolds Family said...

Love the sprawled out, bum in the air sleeping pic. Awesome! Matches her awesome hair. Your boys are just too cute as well!

chyayn said...

I love that ¥ou love your life! Priceless days sister, thanks for sharing! MISSSSS YOU! (and your kids are ADORABLE)

Meg said...

I agree with everyone else, the Meg pictures are DARLING. What a sleeper, and that hair is to die for. I want to trade with her, ask her if she is down.
I love your boys, they are so sweet and so cute. You guys do so much fun stuff.
In a couple of weeks, we should go on a hike together.