Saturday, July 10, 2010
Happy 4th of July!
We had such a fabulous 4th of July this year! My sweet boys and I decided to have a fund raising booth for our sweet kindergarten teacher who has cancer for the second time. Adam had her and Jonah had her last year. Adam and Jonah worked so hard passing out flyers to get donations, getting everything organized and being so excited to serve and help Ms. Meeks. We had a great turn out and Ms Meeks was so overwhelmed with the love and help that was showed to her from the whole community. We didn't get huge amounts of money like we had hoped, but I think we might have given her a little boost to get her through these next few months. But above all, I think my boys might have learned a little bit about spending a few of their summer days working for someone else. A lot of work, but soooo worth it!
Here is my little fourth of July beauty. I couldn't pick just one, she was making so many cute little faces. (Thanks to my friend's daughter Mckenna for painting her little piggies so festively.)


And to top off the celebration, Adam went to a rodeo with grandma and grandpa, and out of 30 kids chasing after 2 chickens, he was one of the lucky winners. I guess all those times he and Jonah prepared for this rodeo chasing, herding and coming up with different plans to catch Grandpa's chickens paid off!! Now we have a hen, Henifer, who lays us one brown egg a day :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This story of you teaching your boys to love and serve others brings a tear to my eye! You are such a great mom Brooke! What a neat experience.
LOVE that baby Meggers...what a DOLL!
I didnt know you had a hen!! HOW COOL!
Who needs a better camera? You captured each photo perfectly! Absolutely love Henifer- hope she lays an egg everyday! I know that Ms. Meeks was happy with your efforts....I know that you lifted her. Heb. 12:12
You are an amazing mom. I am sure that you touched many lives on the fourth by what you did and your example. I know you did mine. Thank you!
So sad about Ms. Meeks...Taylor had her for kindergarten when we lived there...
Post a Comment