Thursday, July 22, 2010

Old friends, new memories

We were so honored this week to be able to be with our old friends from Maui, the Akinakas and all the other Tuitele and Akinaka cousins. Malia and Nalu were the first friends we met when we moved to Maui and we became instant friends and had so much fun. They taught us the Hawaiian ways and helped us feel at home. This week, they came to Utah and we were able to go with them to the temple to receive their endowments AND be sealed to their four sweet children. It was the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed and hope I will never forget the feeling that was felt when those kids came into the sealing room, dressed in white with big smiles on their faces. I am so happy for them!!

After the endowment session, Malia's two friends she grew up with and Nalu's sister were able to be there too.

The guys
My friend "big Meg" (we had to call her that so we would know which Meg we were talking about) and I put on a little dinner "reception" for them after their sealing. It was so fun to see all our old Maui friends and visit. I met Meg in Maui too, she now lives in Bountiful and was so sweet to host the event.

The boys table
It was so hard for the kids to get on Utah time.
Is this picture inappropriate? Nursing mother's unite :) Meg (her new three week old baby Magnolia was asleep), Lia and Keiana and baby Meg and I.


Here they are, as they say on Maui, Talking story... Look closely at baby Meg's face, she is hilarious! This is the face she makes whenever she sees a camera!

We got to show them around our stompin' grounds and took them to the fountains in Highland, Cabella's and JCW's for dinner. The kids had so much fun getting to know each other again and play.



Making marshmallow guns
Eli and Kamalei were best friends and had so much fun playing swords, guns etc. etc.

Kamalei loved Meg and loved giving her kisses.
All the kids glued to the TV.

Lanea and Kelena put on a little hula show for us. Lanea had a big competition right before she came to Utah. The Hawaiian chanting was awesome!


Ready for bed Eli, Kalena, Jonah, Kainalu, Adam and Lanea (Meg and Kamalei were already alsleep)

We had so much fun and hope to see our wonderful friends sooner than later!!!

4 comments:

chyayn said...

Im so glad you got to spend such special time with your good friends. Looks like the kids had fun too!:)

Bugga said...

I know that his was a very special occasion and I'm so happy that the Akinakas came to Utah to share this precious experience with their good friends. It looks like the kids had the best times together!

momwouldgo said...

Thanks for the pictures! I was there in spirit. Love you all.

Malia said...

I thought I was going to resist clicking on your email link to this post so I could get some sleep but I couldn't do it :) Ah, bitter sweet seeing these photos. Sad because I miss you guys so much. So happy because it was so much fun and I cannot believe how blessed I am to have a friend like you!! Thanks for posting this. You guys were such awesome hosts!!! I wish I could copy and paste it to my blog :) hugs!!