I feel like life has been so busy lately. I'm either nursing... or cleaning up someone's (I won't mention any names) potty training mess... or doing laundry, dishes, cooking, taking a shower etc. etc. I really just want to play with my kids. Seriously, how do other moms do it? I have been trying so hard to just have fun, but there are some things that just HAVE to get done. I try, but can't find a spare minute in my day. I tried to have a fun night, with the kids ordering their dinner through the kitchen window. It was so fun, but toward the end, I felt so rushed, as it was also feeding time for little Meg. We did have a great time, but I wish there were more times I could just forget all the work that needs to be done, and just play.
I would love some ideas from my fellow mothers. How do you find time in your day to just play and enjoy your kids? Please give me some ideas :)
5 comments:
I ignore my pile of laundry, dirty dishes, toys all over the front room by leaving to go to the park or for a walk or just out in the back yard. I figure all that stuff can wait and if its out of sight, its out of mind:)
A few quick tips...After I get everyone nestled in bed, I take about a half hour and I make sure the dishes are all loaded and turned on, then I put a load of laundry in the wash, fold and put away yesterday's load, quickly put away the "stuff" the kids forgot to clean up, and go to bed! Without taking time/attention away from the children.
The kids get to do one of the following jobs in the morning: one gets to unload the dishes (that way we just load dirty dishes all day), one get's to vacuum (for better or worse at least it get's done once a day), someone takes the garbages out (so it doesn't pile up and overflow) all of this is done by 8:30am so you can enjoy a few hours with Eli and Meg. It's the only way I can stay on top of it all. I let the deep cleaning go until it drives me crazy. Maybe that's why Spring cleaning was such a big deal to my mom. :O)
You're an awesome Mom! Pass your tips onto me. I am amazed by you and your wonderful family!
Brooke,
I know exactly how you feel, and I only have two. It does seem that by the time something is cleaned up, there is another mess ready to be taken care of. Sometimes it is so frustrating.
I had the same feeling earlier this week. With Robin, if I do include her on the cleaning with little chores (that I usually end up having to do again)she loves it and it feels like she is Mommy's helper. Plus then I get to spend time with her while getting some chores done. She loves to wipe counters with a sponge, shake rugs and empty bathroom garbages.
It is especially hard with a nursing baby. But remember to enjoy those times too as they will be gone oh so fast. Plus nursing your baby is the best stress releaver.
P.S. We sometimes make nursing time book time, to kill two birds with one stone.
P.P.S. Love the boys peeking their heads through the window to order. Looks like a fun memory and know you are always going out of your way to do fun things with your kids.
Hey Coz, I am a little slow on this post...but I just wanted to say, You are a great mom! Right now, because of little Meg, things are crazy! Once she is a little older and you aren't feeding her every 3 hours...you will find that time to do fun stuff again! Until then, I second Pagie...sometimes it is ok to leave dirty dishes in the sink and just go play with the kids instead! (Just don't tell Aunt Sherree!) Don't worry, things will settle down! You are the best!
Post a Comment