My patience is running very, very thin! Last night was the SECOND time I had contractions 5 min, apart. The only thing about that is that it lasted 5 hours!! They got pretty intense toward the end, I say end because that is when I finally fell asleep at 1:00 after bugging Spencer a couple of times to help me figure out what I was supposed to do. I have never gone on my own, I have been induced with all the other births. I did everything I was supposed to, to see if they were real contractions, changed position, walked around, took a hot bath... still 5 minutes and coming pretty strong. We finally decided to wait to see if they became more intense or closer together before we so rudely woke my neighbor or mother-in-law to come watch the kids.
So who knows when this baby will come. She was sure dancing all over the place in between each contraction, I was hoping all that dancing would do some good. I was so tired, so I decided I would try to sleep to see if they went away, not that I really wanted them to. I'm ready to be done with this.
I lack in patience, that is a quality I have NEVER had. But I guess I better start working on it, I still really have three more weeks, but as always, the DR tells me, "She really could come any day" I am progressing, but alas, no baby yet.
It would have been a perfect night to birth a baby. I get so stressed when Spencer has to fly out for the night. My mom is gone this weekend to a wedding and Spencer has to work an over night too. Soooo who wants to be my coach?
Wish me luck and patience, I'm going to need it!!!!!
9 comments:
This was soooo the Brooke update I needed. I have been wondering how that little girl of yours has been doing. So sorry you are having to go through the wondering, waiting, wishing! Not that this will help because we are all different BUT, With Kalena (my #3) I had the same thing several times a few weeks before she was born. I thought she was going to be way early but she ended up being 1 whole week late! They have their own timing. Keep us updated. Wish I could fly over and be your coach :)
I feel your pain! I think I have been in labor for a week straight. I have actually never been induced and had all but one early, so I am a teeny bit annoyed that this one keeps starting and stopping, but I'm really not ready to deal with a baby yet, so I don't know what I want. Good luck when she decides to come-hopefully she'll wait long enough so you'll have someone there.
Waiting is the worst! I glad that she is a fiesty one and kicking around but I agree it would be much better to SEE that kicking than to simply feel it.
I will be your coach, any time! Of course, you should know, that I didn't do so well on my own so I don't know if I would be much help but I would love to try.
I can't wait for you to have the little girl. She is going to be so cute.
I would love to get together before she is born and get a personal update. It really is silly that we don't get together more since we live so close!
I love that you have a blog so I can spy into your life every now and then. You ahve such a cute family.
I always end up being sent home from the hospital for false labor...at least you figured it out on your own! Don't worry...I feel your pain though! I went into labor with all of mine and everytime I still get confused! You would think I would know by now right?
Remember when I gave you that foot rub with Eli...well, when you start having those same contractions, have Spencer rub the bottom of your foot really hard like from the arch to the padding under your toes...see what happens!!! It put me into labor twice...And I would love to be your coach...
Oh Brookie!!!! so sorry your uncomfortable!!! I wouldn't know when to go in either :) I've never even had contractions before getting started. I hope she come soon for your sake, as long as she's ready that is!!! Good luck this weekend!!!
Brooke- Good luck! I hope all goes well and that she comes soon, but at a time when Spencer and your mom are here!
Oh brooke hand in there!
I mean HANG in there! :)
Okay...here's my advice on the snake thing...go to KSL and see what you can find. The older the snake the better (like close to a year or something) and you can usually find the whole set up for a really good price.(our tank and first snake only cost $65) At the pet store they pretty much want your first born in return...and we feed them pinkies...barely born baby mice, no fur and I don't think they ever even took a breath...they are bread that way. we feed ours 3 times a month and Petsmart has the pinkies at 6 for $10...so it's $10 a month. We clean the cage every once in awhile and change their water frequently. I have to say it is probably the EASIEST pet to have...so low maintanence...and my boys love them. Good luck!
Post a Comment