Thursday, July 9, 2009

Loving the great outdoors

Spencer took Adam and Jones up to a waterfall by our house that they have been wanting to explore. They were such great little hikers and had a great time... so I was told, I was laying in front of the swamp cooler trying to stay cool!!!!!!

Spencer also took the boys camping last night to Tony Grove up Logan canyon. I again opted to stay behind. I wasn't too excited about making multiple trips to the outhouse in the middle of the night. They caught one fish and melted Eli's shoes by the fire last night as they "tried" to dry them out. Fun times were had by all :) Too bad I didn't get any pictures. I gave Adam strict instructions to remind Dad to take pictures... they were just too busy having fun, and Spencer said he was busy running a one man show. Eli was quite the busy little explorer, I should have sent a leash to tie him to a tree or duct taped bells to his shoes. I did give Adam and Jones some wistles to blow if they got lost OR if they saw a bear. Fortunately, they weren't used.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I remember tying a rope around Tucker and attaching it to our outside banister while Tim and I tried to do yard work, it was either that or running after him constantly. that way he had a little freedom and we got a little done.

Malia said...

Oh my goodness, how fun! What a special bonding time for dad and the boys. I have been trying to resist checking your blog until I was all caught up with mine but the temptation was too strong! I kept logging on to mine, trying to post and finally I gave in! I missed your blogs. Definitely need more mama brewing the baby pics!! I know we feel hot and huge but I am sure you look beautiful. And besides, it's for your family history :) While Spencer is off having fun forgetting to take pics you can take some with a outstretched arm in front of the swamp cooler!

P.S. I know you are a busy mama but keep the post coming my faithful blog friend :) And we would love to see the work you guys have been doing on the nursery etc.

Bugga said...

Spencer - you are to be commended. What a fun dad. It sounds like you all had a great time. Brooke - stay close to that cooler and know that it can't be too much longer. (I liked the idea of duck taped bells and tying Eli to a tree!)

Dani said...

Sounds like a great time. What are those boys going to do with this new little girl? She is going to be so doted on!! So sorry you are so hot, hopefully you won't feel too miserable.

littlegry said...

What a good husband!! Sounds like fun! Gracen has been BEGGING to go camping... maybe after the basement is done. I hope you kept cool Brooke!