Monday, April 13, 2009

Red Rocks and colored eggs

It seems like things have been so busy around here! We decided we needed a break from life, so we planned a quick trip to St George the last weekend of Spring Break. No computers, no phone calls for Dad or work, just some good quality family time.
Our favorite thing to do is hike in Snow Canyon. The boys loved climbing the rocks and looking for bugs ad lizards. The weather was so nice, just a little bit of rain, but we made some great memories and loved being together. Thanks Papa and Bugga for providing such a wonderful place for our kids to enjoy. The house was perfect!

Here we are the weekend before East coloring eggs. They made some beautiful creations.
Yes, Eli IS naked coloring eggs. We are STILL trying to potty train this kid, naked works best :)
Our first morning in St George, we were woken up by these three little monkeys, one by one, they each found their way into our bed to cuddle with Spencer and I. What a great way to start our tip!


We made it to the top, and stopped for a little lunch.

Eli was such a good climber, and loved to do it with no help. It was a perfect pace for me :)


After our hike, we headed to the dunes, by then it was nice and warm, a little too warm. We were baking!
As you all know, my boys will NOT pose for pictures. So I have to catch them in action, not the best picture, but a great memory I didn't want to forget. They chased this poor little beetle for every watching his every move, holding him, passing him around and studying all his little beetle body parts.
Easter morning started EARLY!! Adam had been up all night coughing and when he got up at 5:50 to get a drink, he spotted the Easter bunny trail in the hall. He was so excited he couldn't go back to sleep and came in every 10 minutes asking if it was time to wake up!!! We finally went out at 7 to find what the bunny had left.


Don't worry Papa, we know how you LOVE Easter grass and how you keep finding it months after Easter is over, so we requested NO Easter grass this year :)
The boys got gardening gloves and some tools to play in the sand or help in the yard, Eli asked pulled his shovel out and asked, "Is this to pick up dog poop?" The minute we came home, Adam and Jones were out in the garden digging for the biggest, juiciest worms they could find.

5 comments:

littlegry said...

HOW FUN!! St. George is a great place for memories. Where was that hike? That looks nice... and sounds like I could make it (if you could pregnant). :o) What handsome pictures of your boys. Looks like a god time!

chyayn said...

I cant stop laughing about that photo of Eli buck naked coloring eggs!!!:) ahahahahaha THAT is a classic!!! Im glad you had a fun time in St George...and I know Papa is glad you went WITHOUT the Easter grass this year!!:)

Amy B. said...

I LOVE that Eli is nekked...soo cute I can almost see his bum! And, what's the name of the new little one? And, when is she coming!?

Bugga said...

I love the boys pictures in the sun - I can't even imagine feeling hot...can't wait for spring. I loved the little "naked bum" coloring eggs - he will surely appreciate this picture in another 10 years.

Malia said...

Looks like a great time. Your boys are so cute. Glad I got to see a sneak peek of the mama. We need a more belly showing shot! Can you believe next Easter there will be four little ones!?!?! You are so on it Brooke... decorating eggs the week before Easter. Of course, we have gotta love doing it birthday suit style!