I was so sad last night when I discovered our wonderful pet of four years had past on. This was the first pet we bought when we moved into our home. Adam and Jonah picked out this little fella and have enjoyed saying hello to him each morning. I know he has lived this long because the kids pray for him every night. Here is the line up for each of the kids "Please bless Mom and Dad, Adam Jonah and Eli, Bingo and Fighter..." I must admit, I shed a few tears when I discovered him. He was a good pet and made us all happy. He survived swimming with fish crackers, swimming in apple juice and many other items that Eli thought would be great for our fond friend. He was a fighter, but I guess it was just his time to go.
We had a little burial service for him this afternoon, and each shared some words. Good Bye Fighter.
8 comments:
You're a good mom... I just flushed "Mr. Smiley". No burial for him... poor thing.
I love the little headstone. So, are you going to get a Fighter the Second??
RIP lil Dude.
Awe, you ARE tender! We have about 4 fish headstones in our yard!! Do you want Baileys fish??;)
I'm so sorry for your loss!
So sad. We've been through the funeral thing a time or two. We're not very good at keeping things alive. Maybe we'd be better at a fish. Sounds like they're fairly resilient.
sorry about the pet :(
BUT I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU THAT IT'S A GIRL!!!!!
so awesome....
I am with KC...all dead fish from our house get water burials! We have one that lives on and on and on! We think he kills the other fish so he doesn't have to share food! What a bully!
Post a Comment