I have been loving Eli so much this week. He is growing up so fast. I have mixed feelings about this. I love when he will sit on my lap and cuddle and read with me while he holds his, "Bee" (favorite blue blanket he has had since birth) while rubbing his cheeks with, "feather" (the tag that is on his blanket). I love when he cries for me and rests his head on my shoulder while I comfort him. But I also like his
Independence he is discovering. Bless his little heart for really trying to be potty trained... but he has done a grown up thing for me this week. My little Eli has slept through the night, maybe 10 times his whole life!!!!!!! We have tried everything, so this week we decided to try a big boy bed. That must have been the trick. I have never tried just sitting him down and talking him face to face and telling him it's time to grow up and quite crying ALL night long! He has stayed in his bed two nights in a row and has proved to me he is growing up.
Now for the title, Spencer calls him our ticking time bomb because he can be so sweet, and within seconds he is freaking out about something screaming and going crazy! This week he has been trying so hard to be happy. When he wakes up the first things he
announces to us all is, "Eli's happy!!" We all celebrate and cross our fingers he doesn't explode later.
He does say some cute things:
I was talking to Jonah about getting his socks on even though they had "bumps" and were bugging him. Eli came over to me and said very clearly, "Mom, kids don't like socks".
Scooby doo "
Sooky doo"
Sharp tooth dinosaur "
Cha-
chu"
Jonah "Jo-ah"
I love that he asks for pickles at any time of the day. After he is in bed, first thing in the morning, every day for lunch...
I love my Eli!

Eli, pantless while
trying to be potty trained.

Eli loves to play legos and is great at building, "trees"

Last night while he was playing in the shower, I went in to check on him and there was water ALL over the floor. I asked, "what are you doing?" He peeked out of the shower and told me "swimming with my dolphin and he's splashin'."
12 comments:
He is so cute! What is it about bare bum shots that is so irresistible?
Too Cute! They do grow up way too fast...
I know what you mean about being a "time bomb". I really enjoy this age too. It can be really hard, but there are so many cute things that happen. I think it was designed that way, otherwise, we'd give them away.
I love your Eli posts!! I don't know how I missed the potty train one, that was cute!!! We too tried the potty train recently and when Porter flat our asked for diapers more than one, why fight it? they will win!!! at least Eli isn't 3 1/2!!!! I have hope that the first day of kindergarten Porter will get teased and then finally decide to use the potty :)
Oh..shoot you me the "time bomb" can get worse! I thought this would be a stage that Jack would out grow soon. My "time bomb" screams non stop! He is so cute though...Joel came home and talked about all of your boys and especially Eli for weeks. I can't get over the Call sock issues. My kids inherited them and man they SCREAM at me for the slightest itty bitty thing when there socks are messed up. Jack can't even talk, but points and lets me know about his socks. I am learning though. Give those boys hugs and kisses from us!
Im so happy you are finally getting some sleep! I hope it lasts!:) Love the pinch a bum on the rocking horse. Hes darling!
Yeah for Eli! What a big boy.
What a cutie! He is growing up so fast. I loved hearing some of the classic phrases and requests he has. I know what you mean though.... our babies growing up is so bittersweet!
I love that you just had a conversation with him and now he's practically a grown-up! What a doll!
way cute and yes they grow up too fast!
Hurrah for Eli! Ah, a good night's sleep...let's see, how much longer before number four arrives? Enjoy a couple of weeks before you get so large you can't sleep anymore and then you get to start all over with the night feedings. I don't care how old you get, one never forgets! I loved the sweet things you shared about our handsome, little brown eyed boy!
I'm wiling to bet he gets his pickle fettish from his mom. Does he also like pickle and cheese sandwiches?
Post a Comment