Friday, January 9, 2009

"But, I don't want to ride the 'potty train'!"

I need some advice!! I was totally gung ho this morning with potty training Eli. He too was excited to have lots of juice, watch Tv all morning and sit on his little potty. He did OK, not great. About half the time in the potty, half on the floor :( but we stayed positive and tried to make it fun. After his nap, I tried to be really excited and tell him it was time to go on the potty. He was not as excited and refused again and again, finally telling me right to my face, "I don't want to ride the 'potty train'!" So I decided to just let it go and try another day. I think I made the right choice, I don't think I could force him to sit on the pot all day and go, do you?
I just had to chuckle to that remark and celebrate, I still have the freedom of diapers!! So we went outside and played in the snow. Enough of that big kid business. Tonight I was kind of feeling happy as I hugged my little Eli, he is still my baby... I can wait for him to grow up I guess.

6 comments:

Meg said...

Lily is anti-potty also. She told me that big girls wear panties AND diapers. And Cinderella wears diapers. Hmm, well, can't argue with that. I am going to try another day (week. . .month) also.
Good luck and let me know of any tips.

Cindy said...

That's funny. My friend's kid was talking about the "potty train" just yesterday. It's funny the things they come up with.
I think you're right. It can wait. I don't think I'll attempt it for several months yet with Ben.

Malia said...

It seems way easier when they are into it themselves. Or if you find something that totally motivates them... with Lia's kids one m&m per successful potty train stop would do. I am with you with the whole diaper thing... gotta love not having to stop every 15 minutes when you are out and about! Good luck... I will watch for a potty train update!

Paige Holley said...

You did the right thing Brooke. It is way easier when they are ready too. Good luck with future rides on the potty train.

Bright-Mom said...

Oh my friend, I feel your pain. I am starting Bowen this summer when he can run around pant-less in our fenced backyard! We hope this doesn't turn him into a Streaker! :) I am scared...my first boy!

katie said...

OH MY GOSH!!!

i have been totally blog lazy, both in reading and in posting...

sorry...

YOU ARE PREGNANT!!! CONGRATS! how "fun for u"...not for me, but "for u" :)

potty training? give my sister lyssa a look up on the blog or go and look at her old posts. she is the expert on that and GOOD LUCK!

...and i promise i'll get better at my blogging skills again!