Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

I love this time of year! We did so many fun things this Halloween. I am so thankful to live in such a great community. I love that I see so many familiar faces wherever I go. I have gotten to know so many parents and kids from Adam's past classes and have met a few from Jonah's school this year. We had some good times.


I couldn't resist posting these silly boys cleaning out their pumpkins.
Here is the final product. Jonah designed his all by himself, and Adam carved his. Eli had a little help.
WE went to a fun carnival that was put on by the highschool kids. There were so many fun games and activities. Plus, just another excuse for the kids to wear their costumes. (Eli wanted to wear boots like Adam's, he insisted on these frog rain boots)
My friend and I put on a fun Halloween breakfast on Fri since the kids were out of school for a teacher preparation day. We had 46 neighbors show up for some pancakes and eggs. The kids loved it!
All ready to get some treats. It was such a warm night, they were actually sweating in their layers I insisted they wear. Adam said it was like the Hawaiian Halloween we loved so long ago.

Another great year, and unfortunately, three big bags of candy I guess I have to eat. I don't want my kids getting cavities, or overloading on sugar now.

6 comments:

Paige Holley said...

Eating outside in shorts for breakfast on the last day of October? I don't want this weather to end! Looks like you all had fun.

chyayn said...

I didnt hear about you hosting FIFTY kids for breakfast!!!!!!!! I need details!! You should have worn a WONDER WOMAN costume sister!!

Brooke said...

It wasn't at my house Chy, and their were 46 people including parents :) I'm not superwoman, I was just the egg cook while flipping a few cakes. My friend Jackie was the one that let all the kids take all the sand out of the sandbox and distribute it throughout her yard! She was the wonderwoman.

Julie said...

I'll come help you eat some candy!!! kids look so cute!

Malia said...

Looks like you had a great Halloween. You always know how to make it memorable for you kids. Good luck with the candy!

Johnston Family said...

Brooke, we loved seeing you on Halloween night! Your boys are so cute! Are you missing a red vest?