Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Going back... waaaay back.

Life has been absulutely CRAZY busy around our house. Adam's difficult math homework alone is enough to drive any one person completely crazy!! I dread our homework, and yes I say OUR homework because Spencer and I sit down by him every night and work together on trying to figure this hard, 6th grade statistics math. Nothing but story problems, and things that Spencer and I are constantly whispering "when is Adam EVER GOING TO USE THIS?" What ever happened to the good old days of algebra. I don't particularly like math any way... ok I completely stink at math and wish I never had to do another long division problem in my life!! So my math homework is keeping me a little occupied, then there is my Busy Bee preschool every Mon and Wed, which I love, but having the house spotless for class makes me very busy. Yes, these kids are pros at just leaving a sock here, a shirt there, a toy here, a movie box there. Life is sure grand, but full of busy-ness. Thus the excuses for not keeping up on the blog. I decided I want to document some of the happenings around here, so we are going back not too far, but back to Labor day. That is the day of our annual mom and kids bird watching at Farmington Bay. We take binoculars and see what we see.. this year 2 bald eagles, 3 hawks a few seagulls and a bunch of Canadian Geese. Awesome!

My little hikers
All the walking and talking made Meg exhausted.


The best part of this whole trip, is the ride to get there. There is a long dirt road we drive on to get to the trail head, so the kids love to put all the seats down and "surf" as I drive. then we all sit in the back for a pic nic.
The pic nic was good, the weather was perfect and the company, priceless!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw this is so sweet. You are so good and thinking of and keeping simple yet awesome traditions. Love this Brooke!