Thursday, February 19, 2009

Trip to New York!

Adam, Jonah and I headed off for NY last Fri for a weekend with cousins. Poor Eli, I wasn't up for traveling with a busy two year old, so I left him home to help Spencer with stuff at home. He was sure sad, but had a fun time following Dad around and getting all his attention.
Thanks to my big sis Chy and her four sweet little girls, we had such a great time and loved every minute of it.

We started out with a big Valentine dance with a snack table, sign in table and lots of decorations. We turned the lights off, and the red and blue bulbed lamps on. The kids loved rocking the night away.



The second day, we took the train into Grand Central Station, hopped on the subway and went down town to Times Square to the biggest Toys-R-Us store. It was very busy and there was so much to see. Jonah held on pretty tight to my hand after seeing all the busy sidewalks with all the people.

Grand Central station
Times square

Thanks Fillmores for a great time. We hope to be back very soon!

4 comments:

Malia said...

Oh my goodness, that looks like such blast! I love how the kids dressed up for the Valentine's dance. Your sister and you must be alike in some ways... so creative and fun. That is so amazing that you were just in New York! In Time Square! In the biggest Toys R Us! Did the kids buy anything? What a special time to share with your older ones. They must have loved the attention. Lanea sometimes says she wishes she was a only child as my attention has to be spread thin sometimes. So glad you guys had a great visit.

chyayn said...

that was a fun fun week! SO GLAD YOU CAME SIS!!!:)

Ryan and Christina said...

Your boys are so lucky to have already been to time square! That was a dream of mine all growing up like a high school grad gift. I am so glad you got to go somewhere fun.

Cindy said...

I've always wanted to visit NYC. My family went on a there on a trip after I was married (I wasn't invited) and my brother served his mission there. I would love to go someday. That's neat you were able to take the older boys.