Sunday, October 12, 2008

"Should we just skip Halloween?"

What crazy weather to wake up to this morning!! Snow already! It was so sad to see my poor Lilac bush, still full of green leaves, heavy with snow. One branch was touching the ground it was so full. I had to take a picture before I rescued it, and beat all the snow off.
Eli woke up bright and early, as usual, so I went in to get him and was covering up Adam who was curled up in a little ball, freezing to death. He started to wake up and gave me a big smile. I opened the blinds and told him to look out. He had such a surprised look on his face but it quickly changed into a convincing face as he told me, "Should we just skip Halloween and go straight to Christmas?" I told him, "You know how Dad feels about 'holiday skipping" I hope it warms up again, just for a few more weeks!!!!






Other than the snow, I had a great week. Spencer's schedule was pretty light this week. He was home almost every day! We love those kind of weeks. Not to brag, but he is the best husband in the world!!! I love him sooo much. He helps me so much and is so good with the kids. It was hard to choose my favorite part about this great week, I guess it would have to be Fri. night. He was so excited to have a sleep out in the living room with the kids. They rounded up all the blankets and their pillows and made beds all in a row. I was "letting them" have just a boys night, so I slept in my nice warm bed... party pooper, I know. I layed by Eli until he went to sleep, he was a little crazy and had to keep getting a drink and loved climbing over everyone and stepping on every body's head as he went by. After he calmed down and his breathing got slower and more rhythmic, I knew he was asleep. I took a picture with my heart as I got up and saw all five (including the dog) of the boys I love, all in a row, warm and loved as they dreamed. It was a beautiful sight. That was one of the moments in my life where I just want to freeze time and never let these little boys of mine grow.

Some more happy moments this week
-After telling the kids over and over and over to go to sleep and to quit calling my name, "MoooOOOOMMM!" Jonah came into the kitchen with sweet pleading eyes for me just to listen to one more thing he just HAD to tell me... "Mom, I just need to tell you this really bad. Did you know at school when we do hula hoops...well your not going to believe this. Well, Noah puts the hula hoop around his neck!" His eyes were huge as he told me and just started at me waiting for my reaction. As I gave him a big smile, he buried his face in my stomach and said quickly, "I love you" and ran off to bed. :)

-We were in a hurry to get to church this morning. Spencer was getting the kids in the car and as I came out, I saw a little set of foot prints all across the lawn in the newly fallen snow. Eli was loose and was running down the street through every one's front yard picking up snow and giggling. My first reaction was to get mad and scoop him up and put him in his seat. Then I realized, he probably couldn't remember the snow from last year. This was his first time, again, seeing snow. I decided to pick up a snowball and throw it at him instead. :)


8 comments:

Meg said...

You are such a cute family. What a fun sleep over with dad. I, too, was surprised at the snow. I thought I would have at least a few more weeks of warm weather. Guess not.
Can't wait to get together with you guys. Lily is sick so we never went up to Kaysville today. Maybe in a week or two when she is 1) Well and 2)Sleeping on Utah time.

Ryan and Christina said...

Brooke I wish I could send the snow away for you! Just you wait, there will be another few warm days ahead. But whatever you do don't skip Halloween! I love checking in on you! xoxoxo

Paige Holley said...

Sounds like a fun week! I loved those last two stories...way to be patient:)

Julie said...

you are such a GOOD MooooOOOOOMMMMMM! Aren't you so thankful for the (few in my case) moments when you remember to be a kid with your kid and not a "mom"?

chyayn said...

i LOVED this post. Now THIS is what a blog is for! To remember those "photos taken with your heart" Thanks for the tender thoughts-love ya sis!

Dani said...

Awwww, Brooke. What a sweet picture you painted of your loves. And, you could have been in one of those "Family: isn't it about time" commercials from the church, when you decided to throw the snowball instead of get mad. I want to do that more!!!

Karin Austin said...

Brooke,
I was wondering about you the other day. And there you are on my comments. I'm so excited to hear from you. Your boys are so grown up and so cute! I'm adding you to my list! Where are you living and what have you been doing? It's been to long we all need to do lunch with the kiddies.
Karin

Malia said...

I can't believe you threw a snowball at him! That is just GREAT. I'm inspired. And as you know... I LOVE the whole take a picture with your heart phrase!!