Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Is he really old enough!!

When we got home from church last week, Adam came up with a great idea. He was going to make dinner!! He got a few directions on making pancakes and sent Jonah, Eli and I out of the kitchen. He made a menu for me and a kids menu for Jones and Eli. He worked so hard and made some pretty good pancakes. He cooked up some refried beans mixed with salsa for me. I was so proud of him, the food was great, and the best part of all, I didn't have to cook.
Now he has been begging me every night to make dinner. Last night he made Macaroni and cheese for the kids. I can't believe he is really getting this big. I think I need to start putting him to work and REALLY start using his grown up skills. :)


Flipping pancakes... they were soooo perfect. Lightly golden, a lot better than my dark brown cakes. Jonah couldn't stop talking about how good everything was. He went on and on. Adam loved it!
Getting everyone's plate ready to serve


Looks great my little chef!

6 comments:

Bright-Mom said...

So handsome and what a great kid to want to help out! It seems like just yesterday he was a little boy visiting us in SC! Time flies!

Julie said...

Lucky you!!!!! Tucker has made us top ramen before. and it is sooo nice to not have to cook!!! He looks WAY tooo big!!!!!!

chyayn said...

I agree, Adam looks all grown up. Come make some pancakes for us!!:)
My girls are great at scrambled eggs. Now lets get them to WANT to set the table, huh?:)

Malia said...

Now, this is just absolutely darling!!!!

katie said...

no really!

how did he do that? that is exactly how my kids are.
they love to help me "cook" (if that's what we are calling it these days)

:)

Bugga said...

WOW - I had seen this post! Papa just told me about what a good little chef, Adam is becoming and now I can see that he's right. Good job, Adam!