Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ready, set, get DIRTY!

So, this was the day I went totally out of my comfort zone and let my boys be boys. There is a big empty lot by our house that is being turned into a park, so the big trucks have been dumping loads and loads of dirt. Last night I was thinking how fun it would be for the kids to go get dirty. Now you must realize, I really have a hard time just letting kids be kids sometimes, because I am the one that has to clean everything up. OK so tonight, I just took a big breath and asked the boys if they wanted to go play. They kept asking over and over if I was serious. Yes, I was crazy, but serious. So we rode our bikes down to the dirt and played until the sun went down, and the moon came up. What a great night, it was so worth all the loads of dirty clothes I have to wash , and all the dirt I had to scrub off every inch of boy, in ears, between toes, and all through out their hair tonight. I'm glad I took that big breath and just had fun.

Before... notice the clean, clean boys





After... notice the dirty, dirty boys with big smiles. (see the full moon coming up over the trees?) What a night!

4 comments:

chyayn said...

that almost brought a tear to my eye...what a GREAT mom you are-they will never forget that night GETTING DIRTY with moms permission.:) Love you sister!

Paige Holley said...

Cute story Brooke. I bet they had so much fun! You can tell by the smiles on their faces.

Julie said...

SO FUN!!!! I think of all moms I know you are great at letting kids be kids!!!

Malia said...

Oh, my, goodness, Brooke. You are fabulous. You may have a hard time letting them get dirty and just be kids (I know the feeling!!) but you would never know. You are one of the funnest mom's I know!