Thursday, August 20, 2009

My three week old camper

I don't have all the time I used to, so I had to just copy what I blogged from my Call family blog, so sorry for the duplicate family...
What a way to wrap up the summer. Spencer surprised us with a trip he planned to go to Flaming Gorge for a few days for fishing, hiking and cliff jumping. The boys were so excited. We all had a great time!!


I was a little worried about taking a three week old camping, but she did so great!! I'm pretty sure she loved it, we like to start them young :)
The first night there, Eli fell off this rock on to this cactus bush!! It was so sad, he had cactus needles all over his little body, We had to hold him down and pull out each needle one by one for an hour and a half! Adam and Jonah said a prayer for him, they were so worried. We were so blessed with Meg staying alseep so I could help, and after an hour, Eli finally fell asleep so we could really get the deep ones. He was fine after he woke up.
Adam was a great camper, he would wake up early in the morning and get a fire going all by himself.
We got to celebrate Jonah's birthday while we were there. We brought left over cake from Bugga... thanks Bugga :)



My little muscle man
Jonah was our brave cliff jumper, he went off all the cliffs Spencer did with no hesitation! The biggest one was about 12 feet!

5 comments:

Meg said...

You have such brave kids! Cactus! Cliffs! You guys are unstoppable. Brave parents, too, with the newborn. Looks like she fits right in. I think she already is trying to keep up with the boys. You go get 'em Meg!

Julie said...

you are very brave to take that cute baby!!! And by brave i just mean extra work for you. SO glad she was good for you! It must be in her blood!!!

Cindy said...

You're awesome! I don't camp with babies. I've never thought about going while they're that young though. I may as well have, since it seems I hold them all night at that age anyway.
Looks fun though!

Jamie said...

This sounds like such a fun surprise for your boys. We are the same way with camping. Zack has been on two already this summer and Emy went when she was only 2wks old.

Liz and Lorin without Borders said...

I'd say you're the brave one for taking a 3 week old camping. I'm impressed. You have to toughen her up early I guess, with all those boys in the house. She's a cutie. I can't wait to see her.