Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rest in peace Bingo

We had a sad, sad weekend..  After 7 great years with our sweet, obedient, ball loving Bingo... we had to make the tough decision to put our 14 yr old, sick dog to rest.  We felt like we did all we could to make him comfortable in his last days, but after his check up with the vet, we know what we had to do.   
We had a wonderful candle light service for him last night in the backyard.  We all said a few words and tossed his favorite balls in with him.  Sleep well, my good dog.  He will be missed by many.






Eli had an especially hard time.  He sat at the table with tear stained cheeks drawing picture after picture of memories he had with Bingo.  He had a great way of dealing with the whole thing.  I was comforted by his great pictures and Megs hugs telling me Bingo was with Jesus so I needed to stop crying ;) 

3 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

I'm sorry Brooke! That is so hard!

Julie said...

oh poor Bingo, I remember when you got him. So sorry. What a cute story of your kids though. They are all so big!

Malia said...

oh no Brooke. I am so sorry for your families loss. So sad. The service sounds touching. And sweet little Eli. What a tender heart.